Thursday, April 25, 2013

CD Jewel Case


Wow.....that was actually fun. When this project was first assigned I'm not going to lie, I was freaking out. Especially after I pull New Wave music as the style I had to look up and create a case for. But after looking up what that style actually was I calmed down.

For those of you who don't know, New wave is a kind of pop rock from the 1970's to the early 1980's. Popular artists from this genera of music are Blondie, Eurythimics, Tears for Fears, Simple Minds and many many more. Most of you have probably heard the songs "Sweet Dreams are Made of This", "One Way or Another", and "Whip It!" Those are just a couple of the top 100 New Wave songs.

With my research done I went on to find a band name and an album title. I was in Madison at the Midwest horse fair walking around with the hundreds of other horse fanatics, when my mother and trainer (who also came along) said something about painted ponies. The joke is I use to ride POA poines and then moved on to a Paint horse. Hence painted ponies. Boom I had a band name that was just as crazy as the one from the 70's. I went on to name the album Riding the Wave keeping with the horsey theme I now had going on.  The wave part coming from New Wave. 

It took me a while to try and figure out what I was going to shoot for the album pictures. And I felt really stupid when my mom suggested doing exactly as the name said. Paint the ponies. So off I headed for my trainers barn full of her crazy colored ponies. I then cut them out of the picture and pasted them here. I had tons of fun blowing the colors way out of proportion, to much fun I think. I left the background white to keep the ponies the center of the attention. The middle cover is a close up of the eye. 

The ponies look weird on when I Transfered I apologize. It really looks cool in photoshop.




1 comment:

  1. Great text on the blog! The neon/wild colors works here and make sense for the music style. Good job.

    ReplyDelete